1 - Review all questions 1 /25
1) Draw the displayed formula for 3-bromo 2-methyl butanoic acid 
2) Write a balanced chemical equation for the complete combustion of ethanol 
3) The cracking of decane produced hexane and one other product.
Write a balanced chemical equation for this reaction. 
4) Write an equation showing the initiation step for the reaction between chlorine and methane.
Describe the bond breaking. 
5) For the reaction in (4), write out the propagation steps 
6) For the reaction in (4), write out the termination steps 
7) Describe the type of reagent and mechanism for questions 4 - 6 
8) Describe a simple chemical test to distinguish between an alkane and an alkene.
Include any observations. 
9) Show with the aid of curly arrows the mechanism for the reaction between chlorine and ethene 
10) Describe the type of reagent and mechanism for question 9